Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Prayer for surrender

Merla Freeman
Looking back at some notes I took on one of Pastor Joe’s sermons from Jan. last year, I came across these three points:


1. Connect with God-He is what matters most.

2. Connect with others-because it matters to our purpose.

3. Serve the world around us-because it matters to God.


Pastor took these points from Acts 2:42-47. This just happens to be one of my favorite places in scripture. It describes the early church, the church in its infancy. It speaks of what the “church” was intended to be. It is our role model for our church today. It excites me and encourages me to want to recommit to these three things. I pray that each person at NLF would really, really commit. Commit each of personally and intimately to Christ. To allow Him to lead us wherever it is that He may. To be humbled and submissive to Him. I know I have no control over others but I also know that God has control of our lives if we will let him. I know that He has a plan and a design and that His blueprint is a masterpiece.


My prayer for New Life Fellowship


Father God, I pray today that we would summit to You. Take complete control of our lives. Don’t allow us to get in the way or to mess things up. Don’t let us be too busy having “church” that we miss You in our presence. Use us Lord, we are your servants. Rid us of pride and judgment, give us eyes to see people from Your perspective, give us ears to hear the needs of those around us and give us the courage to step out in faith and follow You. In Acts 2:43 it says, “everyone was filled with awe” Father hear my prayer, fill NLF with awe. In the most precious name of Jesus, our Advocate. Amen

0 comments: