Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What are you thankful for?


I'm thankful for a Savior who stoops to lift up sinners, the holy rescuing the polluted. I'm thankful for second chances and second lives.
I'm thankful for the freedom to meet in safety with other believers, for being able to sing out loud each week without arrest. I'm thankful to hear the word preached in a faithful and original way each week, to meet with people who know and love Christ.
I'm grateful for a family whose members, generally, support each other. I'm thankful for a town that treasures its churches and hasn't yet banned the presence of Christ or Christians from its streets.
I'm thankful for the myriad little luxuries we are given: from running, hot water to portable phones; from microwave cooking to free libraries full of books; from antibiotics to recliner chairs.
I'm thankful that my husband can read Dilbert and the bridge column to balance out depressing news on the front page.
I'm thankful that a recent car accident was without injury and that God had mercy on a mother's shaking heart.
What are you thankful for? To share with others those things you are thankful for this year, CLICK HERE.

0 comments: